Australian Aboriginal On-line TV Community Guidelines
Respect the Australian Aboriginal On-line TV Community
We're not asking for the kind of respect reserved for nuns, the elderly, and professors. We mean don't abuse the site. Every cool new community feature on Australian Aboriginal On-line TV involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust, so please be one of them.
We Review Videos Flagged As Inappropriate
Don't Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- Australian Aboriginal On-line TV is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it's a video of yourself, don't post it on Australian Aboriginal On-line TV. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation.
- Don't post videos showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug or substance abuse, or bomb making.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone getting hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don't post it.
- Australian Aboriginal On-line TV is not a shock site. Don't post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies and similar things.
- Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are permitted to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary permissions. Read our Copyright terms for more information.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation/gender identity, or their status as a returned soldier).
- There is zero tolerance for predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, or the revealing of other members' personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from Australian Aboriginal On-line TV.
- Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Australian Aboriginal On-line TV is for the Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of Australian Aboriginal On-line TV makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot here to see, and lots of folks making amazing stuff—one of them might be you! Equipment's getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
- Let folks know what you think. Feedback's part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share stories, and make your time on Australian Aboriginal On-line TV richer. So leave comments, rate videos, make your own responses to videos that affect you, enter contests of interest—there's a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate here.
That's it! Thanks for reading!
—The Australian Aboriginal On-line TV Team